Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Yen Can Cook: Avocados



1. Egg in avocado  2. Poached eggs on toast
1. Avocado chocolate cake 2. Avocado ice cream


If I could only grow 3 fruit trees in my backyard, the avocado tree would be the centerpiece of my garden. The mango tree as well as the pineapple bush would have to shine on the side. But the avocado! I have always loved avocados. They're perfect if you want to add a creamy texture to your sandwich or plate, but they can be consumed as a dessert (think avocado shakes!). As a kid, my sister and I would mash up avocados and add condensed milk and crushed ice to make a summertime snack. In 110 deg. Stockton weather, it was a perfect treat. Above are some new ways to eat the most delicious and versatile fruit of all, the avocado!

No comments:

Post a Comment